A light blue Surface Pro tablet with the Windows 10 start menu prominently displayed zooms in on the TV screen as the commercial begins.
The image transitions to a little girl writing the word “love” with her finger on her laptop’s touchscreen.
In the next scene, two adolescent girls in a classroom use one hand to “snap” Microsoft Word to the top left corner of their tablet screen, while viewing other programs in the remaining corners.
Finally, a blond middle-aged woman sits at her kitchen counter, smiling as she views her Surface Pro tablet.
Then with hypnotic techno-style music playing the background, Microsoft boasts what seem to be impressive statistics about Windows 10 – it’s newest (and maybe last) operating system:
- The fastest growth of any version of Windows. Ever.
- Most monthly hours of use.
- Customers love it more than any other version of Windows. Ever.
- Over 5 billion questions asked of Cortana.
- 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games streamed to Windows 10 PCs.
- More Universal Windows Platform apps.
- Double the number of monthly repeat customers.
“The future starts now” proclaims another Microsoft commercial that describes several amazing and cool features of Windows 10 – touchscreens, ability to annotate web pages, devices that listen, sing, talk and tell jokes.
Why would you want to miss out on the latest and greatest Windows operating system? It’s more interactive, it’s more responsive, it’s faster, it’s easier to use, it’s fun, and it’s cool.
At least that’s what Microsoft and the commission-based computer sales folks at the big box retail stores would have you believe.
Even some computer “experts” who own or work at independent computer stores promote such hype – despite the fact they should know better.
Sadly, many people believe these greedy con artists who only have one thing on their minds: THEIR bottom line.
Microsoft’s executives only care about increasing the value of their stocks and having their sales and usage numbers look good to their investors.
The big box stores sales people carefully follow the scripted sales presentations given to them – designed to convince you, the unsuspecting but trusting consumer, to buy that Windows 10 desktop or laptop – which pads their wallets with a nice sales commission.
The mission of both the Microsoft exec and the box store sales geek is this: distract you with the bells and whistles, the glitz and glam of Windows 10, hoping you’ll never discover the frighteningly dark secrets hidden beneath the operating system’s shiny façade.
I don’t have room in this tech column to fully explain all of the evils of Windows 10.
So I’ve written a 20+ page eBook that you can download for free at my website that you need to read BEFORE you do anything with your current computer or BEFORE you buy a new one.
In this eBook, you’ll uncover seven important secrets Microsoft desperately doesn’t want you to know about Windows 10.
- The free upgrade to Windows 10 can render your computer completely useless.
- Microsoft’s forced updates can crash your computer – and it’s YOUR problem, not theirs.
- Your “free” upgrade is paid for by intrusive ads embedded throughout Windows 10.
- Microsoft uses your Internet connection – even when you’re not online.
- Many apps are missing important features to make them useful.
- Where’d that program go? Microsoft can automatically uninstall software or hardware it doesn’t like.
- You have NO privacy in Windows 10. Nearly everything you do is tracked and reported to Microsoft – which even puts the NSA to shame.
The final pages of the guide will give you specific actions to take, depending on your computer situation.
Download the free eBook at http://www.calibreforhome.com/windows10secrets.